Austin Scooter Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in an e-scooter accident, it is important to consult with an experienced Austin scooter accident attorney to protect your right to compensation. Our Austin scooter accident lawyers can help hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for the cost of treating them and the impact they have on your life.
In recent years, electric scooter companies like Lime, Bird, Wheels, and others have been granted licenses to offer their scooters for rent on the streets of Austin. Advocates of these e-scooters say they are a good alternative for those of us who need to get from one place to another when the distance is too far to walk but too short to drive.
E-scooters are a fun, economical means of getting around town. The problem, however, is that most people do not realize just how dangerous e-scooters can be. Some e-scooter accident injuries can cost thousands of dollars to treat, and can leave you permanently scarred or disabled for the rest of your life.
Common E-scooter Injuries
With the increase in availability and use of e-scooters, emergency rooms in locations where e-scooters are allowed to be placed are treating a lot more injuries associated with the rental of these scooters. Common e-scooter injuries include:
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones
- Torn ligament and tendons
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fatal injuries
The fact is, e-scooters can travel as fast as 15 mph and currently, there is no law requiring the use of helmets, nor do e-scooter companies supply helmets to their customers. Besides injuries being caused by riders falling off of e-scooters or crashing them into pedestrians, stationary objects, and moving vehicles, injuries are also being caused by people tripping over scooters left on city sidewalks.
Liability For E-scooter Accidents
Personal injury lawyers in Austin and across the country are now fighting for the rights of e-scooter accident victims, highlighting the dangers associated with e-scooters, and attempting to hold those responsible for e-scooter accidents liable for the injuries they cause. Those who may be held liable for an accident involving an e-scooter include:
- An e-scooter rider whose careless or reckless behavior caused an accident and injured someone;
- A city or municipality that failed to keep its streets and sidewalks free from hazards, like broken pavement or potholes, and as a result, someone was injured in an e-scooter accident;
- A driver of a motor vehicle who failed to look out for e-scooters on the road, and caused an accident resulting in injuries; and
- An e-scooter company that failed to ensure that its scooters were well-designed, safe to use, and in good repair, and as a result, someone was injured.
Steps To Take After a Scooter Accident in Austin
E-scooters have become a smart and enjoyable means of transportation for many people in Austin. But, accidents happen, and when they do, it is usually because of someone’s negligence, carelessness, or recklessness.
After an accident involving an e-scooter in Austin, you should take the same steps that you would take after a car accident:
- Call paramedics if anyone was injured
- Call the police to have an accident report made
- Exchange information with the other people involved
- Take photographs and/or video to document the scene of the accident, any property damage, and your injuries
- Get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses
- Get the medical attention you need right away
Then, contact a scooter accident lawyer in the Austin area to help you preserve your right to be compensated for your injuries and other losses.
Loewy Law Firm: Scooter Accident Lawyers in Austin, Texas
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving an e-scooter in Austin, our Austin accident lawyers can help you protect your rights and recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
Call Loewy Law Firm in Austin, Texas today at (512) 280-0800, or contact us online to arrange a free consultation with an experienced Austin scooter accident attorney. You will pay no fee unless we recover compensation for you.