News: Man severely injured in New Braunfels house fire

NEW BRAUNFELS, TX – A man was hospitalized with severe injuries following a house fire in New Braunfels yesterday afternoon, according to CBS Austin.

The fire broke out at a single-story home in the 1300 block of Poppy Lane at around 4:25 p.m. and may have been sparked by a grease fire in the kitchen.

Flames were pouring from the roof when authorities arrived at the scene.

A 69-year-old man was rescued from the structure, then was taken to the hospital in San Antonio with severe smoke inhalation injuries.

The fire remains under investigation.

If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident, it is important that you contact an Austin personal injury attorney after the incident. You may be eligible for compensation, depending on your individual case. Call the Loewy Law Firm at 512-280-0800 to see how much your case may be worth.