News: Worker in Gatesville electrocuted, transported to Austin burn center

GATESVILLE, TX – A worker was transported to a burn center in Austin after being electrocuted by a powerline Monday afternoon, KWTX reports.

The workplace accident happened at about 4 p.m. on June 28, as the unidentified worker was using a lift platform to reach a sign located at the corner of East Main Street and North 24th Street. The platform came into contact with the powerline, electrocuting the worker.

Emergency responders cut power to the lines, pulled the worker down from the platform, and transported them to an unspecified burn center in Austin. The victim’s current condition is unknown.

If you’ve been injured on the job, Adam Loewy is here to help. An experienced Austin construction accident lawyer, he knows how to get you the money you need during this difficult time. Contact him today, online or at (512) 280-0800, to schedule a free consultation.