Workplace Injuries: What Are the Top 10 Culprits?
Liberty Mutual Research Institute published a fascinating study on the top workplace injuries. Workers compensation in just overexertion and falls accounted for $25 billion of costs this past year. Needless to say, this shows a significant danger in going to work each day.
These are the top 10 serious, nonfatal workplace injuries, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the National Academy of Social Insurance.
1. Overexertion $15.1B 25.3%
2. Falls on same level $9.19B 15.4%
3. Struck by object or equipment $5.3B 8.9%
4. Falls to lower level $5.12B 8.6%
5. Other exertions or bodily reactions $4.27B 7.2%
6. Roadway incidents involving motorized land vehicle $3.18B 5.3%
7. Slip or trip without fall $2.17B 3.6%
8. Caught in/compressed by equipment or objects $2.1B 3.5%
9. Repetitive motions involving micro-tasks $1.84B 3.1%
10. Struck against object or equipment $1.76B 2.9%
Our firm deals most often with roadway incidents that occur in company vehicles. We are currently representing an Austin man who was struck and severely injured by a drunk driver who was driving a company vehicle. Our team signed this client and immediately helped him with intensive medical care he required because of this employee’s negligence.
If you are injured at your workplace, call our firm to review your options for compensation. The Loewy Law Firm has a history of securing insurance policy limits through thorough investigation and timely, aggressive litigation. 512 – 280 – 0800.