Austin Drowning Accidents Attorney
Austin Swimming Pool Accidents
Swimming and other water activities offer fun and exercise, but the risk of drowning is very serious. Hundreds of families suffer the tragedy of losing loved ones in water accidents across Texas each year, and often times, negligence is to blame. One of the most common causes of drowning is lack of supervision. Though public pools, water parks, beaches, and lakes hire lifeguards to protect swimmers from harm, these individuals do not always do their jobs properly. Lifeguards that allow themselves to be distracted do not notice swimmers struggling in the water or taking part in dangerous activities.
Likewise, public pools and water parks that fail to properly maintain equipment or that do not employ the required amount of lifeguards can be to blame for wrongful deaths that occur on their properties. Far too often do headlines report drowning deaths at private residences. Your child could be at risk if they attend a pool party where the homeowners do not properly supervise.
A lack of barriers is another common cause of drowning among young children, because they do not understand the risk of playing near pools. Pool owners may be held responsible if their failure to provide proper barriers or supervision led to death. Safety is very important around boats, as many deaths occur in boating accidents. Boat drivers who are intoxicated, reckless, or inexperienced do not give proper attention to the well-being of their passengers, other boaters, or swimmers. Driving at fast speeds and making dangerous maneuvers increases the risk of hitting swimmers in the water, colliding with other vessels, and throwing passengers from the boat.
Help Prevent Texas Drowning Accidents
There are a few ways to protect yourself and your family from the serious risk of drowning:
- Always Supervise. Pay careful attention whenever someone swims in your pool, and watch your children diligently when swimming or near water. It is smart to hire a lifeguard when hosting pool parties.
- Build a Barrier. If you have a personal pool, install fencing around the entire area to prevent accidents. Supervise your children around pools without barriers.
- Never Swim Alone. Adults and children are equally at risk of drowning, which is why it is vital to always swim or boat with at least one other person.
- Learn to Swim. The likelihood of drowning can be decreased by knowing how to swim and protect yourself from water accidents.
- Do Not Drink Near Water. Avoid drinking before you swim or boat and when you are around water. Alcohol slows reaction time and lowers inhibition, a deadly combination that leads to terrible drowning accidents.
Call an Austin Drowning Accident Attorney
Drowning accidents are terrible and tragic, and many times they could have been prevented. If your family lost a loved one in a water accident, a personal injury lawyer in Austin, TX may be able to help you obtain compensation. At Loewy Law Firm, we take direction from an aggressive and adamant attorney who is committed to speaking up for those who suffer because of the poor choices of others. Mr. Loewy’s knowledge of personal injury law and his skillful representation techniques help our clients pick up the pieces of their lives after devastating accidents. Negligent behaviors often cause drowning deaths and we believe the victims’ families deserve justice.
The financial strain and emotional stress of undergoing an event as terrible as a drowning accident disrupts normal life and leaves families reeling and unsure of where to turn. We are dedicated to supporting such families and giving them the advocacy needed to start over. Loewy Law Firm works on a contingency fee basis, because we believe that clients should not have to pay if we do not successfully win their cases. There no need to suffer in silence any longer; contact our office today to fight for your right to compensation.