Personal injury attorney who puts their clients first

How long do I have to report an accident?

Attempt to report the accident to police immediately, while at the scene. If there is no officer available or the officer directs you to complete form CR-2 (Driver’s Crash Report), this must be done within 10 days of the incident.

This form is to be completed only in the absence of a police report and applies when the following are associated with the accident:

  • There is no official police report
  • The accident caused injury or death
  • Property damage equals at least $1,000

Understand that all mandatory fields (indicated by asterisk) must be completed or the form will be returned.

If the driver is not able to complete the form, a designee can do so on the driver’s behalf. It is imperative that a copy of the form is made and retained by the driver or designee prior to submitting the original to the state.

Contact Us Today
Please fill out as many of the fields below as you are able before submitting this form. Our firm will get back to you as soon as we can. If this is an emergency, please call us at (512) 280-0800.
* Required Field
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

7000 North Mopac Expressway
Suite 200
Austin, TX 78731
Contact Us
Copyright © 2022 Loewy Law Firm Privacy Policy
Social Media Icon