Leander Car Accident Attorney
Have you or a loved one suffered significant injuries due to a car accident caused by someone else? If so, you might be eligible to pursue a car accident claim to recover compensation.
The skilled and compassionate Leander car accident lawyers at Loewy Law Firm can help you recover the compensation you and your family need and deserve. If someone else caused the accident in which you were injured, you shouldn’t have to pay for it out of your own pockets.
Loewy Law Firm can help you hold the at-fault party accountable for all your losses. We are dedicated personal injury lawyers in Leander committed to serving injury victims in Texas. Call us today at (512) 280-0800 for a free case evaluation.
Why Hire a Lawyer For Your Leander Car Accident Claim?
While you are not required to hire a car accident attorney to assist you with a car accident claim in Texas, here are a few reasons why you should at least consult with a qualified attorney before deciding to go it alone:
After a serious car accident, you may be feeling extremely emotional over your injuries, which can cause you to make rash decisions that can hurt your claim. An experienced Leander car accident attorney will help you pursue your car accident claim with an objective approach and avoid costly mistakes.
To the untrained eye, your car accident claim may look simple and easy to navigate successfully. But car accident cases can be complicated and must be properly investigated to identify every liable party. You need a knowledgeable car accident attorney to conduct a thorough investigation to determine how the accident occurred and everyone who was to blame—another driver, the vehicle manufacturer, the municipality in charge of maintaining the street where the accident occurred, etc.
3. Less Hassle
An experienced accident lawyer can take the hassle out of the entire process by handling all the legal work, so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
4. Much to Gain
Our Leander car accident lawyers offer a free consultation where we will evaluate the merits of your car accident case and let you know if you need a lawyer’s help. In addition, we handle car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you only pay the lawyer a fee when your case is over and only if the lawyer recovers compensation for you. So, you have nothing to lose but much to gain.
How a Leander Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Once you become a client, our first step is building your case. There are two aspects of every car accident case that we must develop in order to maximize the value of your claim:
- Who is responsible for your injuries
- What losses you have suffered as a result of your injuries
To prove who is responsible for your injuries, we will take the following steps:
- Collect photos – these can be of the scene of the accident, the vehicles involved, your injuries, or anything else that may help establish fault for the accident in which you were injured.
- Locate videos – this could be dashcam video from the vehicles involved or other vehicles nearby, or video surveillance from law enforcement cameras or local businesses.
- Obtain the police report – the police report is often the most valuable piece of evidence in a car accident claim.
- Interview witnesses – eyewitness testimony can strengthen your case significantly.
- Gather other evidence – such as weather records, any relevant maintenance records, and the location of skid marks and other debris from the crash.
Then, to prove what losses you have suffered, we will do the following:
- Obtain all your medical records – including the dates and times of all of your doctor’s appointments, the related bills, and your official prognosis for recovery.
- Gather your work records, pay stubs, and/or income tax returns – these will be needed to document any loss of wages or income you have suffered as a result of the accident.
- Collect any receipts you have for expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident – including the cost to replace or repair your vehicle, rental car, medical aids, assistance with tasks at home, etc.
What’s more, we sometimes hire an expert to describe your injuries and give a prediction or prognosis for your recovery. We may also hire an accountant or economist to calculate your future losses.
Finally, once we have all the information about who caused your injuries and the losses you have suffered as a result, we will calculate an accurate value for your car accident claim.
Types of Damages You Can Recover After a Leander Car Accident
If you are injured due to someone else’s negligence (also known as fault) Texas law says you are entitled to various types of damages, including but not limited to:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Damage to your vehicle or personal property
- Future loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Furthermore, a court may award you punitive damages (exemplary damages) to punish the at-fault party for the conduct that caused you to be injured, and to deter other people from engaging in the same or similar conduct in the future.
Moreover, if you lose your life because of your injuries, your children, spouse, and other dependents may be entitled to recover wrongful death damages for the loss of consortium, care, services, maintenance, support, and inheritance that they would have enjoyed had you lived.
Most car accident claims in Texas are settled outside of court and before trial. However, we prepare each case to be tried in court and won if that is what is necessary to obtain the damages that we believe you deserve and are entitled to recover. Loewy Law Firm has won millions of dollars in damages for our clients, and the majority of those cases were resolved without the need to file a lawsuit.
Contact a Leander Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in a car accident in Leander, Texas, and would like help getting the highest recovery possible, while minimizing the stress of pursuing a car accident claim, please call Loewy Law Firm today at (512) 280-0800. We would love to help.