Austin Car Accident Attorney
Help for Car Crash Victims in Texas
We live in a culture that sees car accidents on a daily basis: during our commutes, on the way to the supermarket, and splashed across our television screens on news programs. The normalcy of car accidents, however, does not make them any less tragic. A car accident affects the whole family, and injuries and fatalities often disrupt life.
A number of factors can contribute to car accidents, such as:
- Intoxication: Drunk drivers often cause extreme damage and harm to other drivers.
- Texting: Drivers who text are not giving their full attention to the road, which means they are not aware when other drivers brake or change lanes, which often causes collisions.
- Distraction: Distracted drivers who complete other tasks while operating a motor vehicle cause many accidents. These drivers will do such things as eat, talk on the phone, apply makeup, adjust the stereo, or program directions into a GPS when they should be focused on the road.
- Recklessness: Reckless drivers are those who make unsafe and rash decisions that put other drivers and passengers at risk. These motorists speed, ignore traffic signals and signs, tailgate other vehicles, change lanes excessively, and make dangerous driving maneuvers.
Statistics About Texas Traffic Accidents
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) reported that in 2011, there were over 11,000 car crashes in the city of Austin. This led to over 53 fatalities and over 4,000 serious injuries as a result. Statewide, there was a fatality rate of 1.28 per hundred million vehicle miles traveled (VMT). This means that in 2011, one person was injured every two minutes and twenty nine seconds due to a car crash. That is nothing to take lightly and speaks volumes of the dangers that plague Texan drivers every time they get into a motor vehicle.
Some other statistics about Texas accidents:
- One person was killed every 2 hours 54 minutes
- 40% of all fatalities were due to run-off the road crashes
- Over 1,000 killed were in crashes involving drunk drivers
- Most accidents occurred in rural areas (56.8%)
- Not a day went by in 2011 without a fatal car accident
In 2011, across the state, over 200,000 people were injured because of a car crash and over 3,000 people were killed. With over 200 billion VMT annually, there is a desperate need for traffic accident victims to get the experienced legal assistance that they so desperately deserve. If you have been injured in a car crash, no matter the cause, it is vastly important that you get the involvement of a knowledgeable lawyer who will be able to go above and beyond to help you pursue maximum compensation. At the Loewy Law Firm, we understand the need to help protect clients in complex cases. You can be confident knowing that our Austin firm will go the distance in our efforts to help you seek the compensation you need to put your life back on track. Give us a call today to learn more about how you can have the best representation for your case!