Austin Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident in Austin caused by someone else, the highly skilled and compassionate Austin car accident attorneys at Loewy Law Firm are ready to help. We understand how difficult the aftermath of a car accident can be for you. Our committed Austin car accident lawyers will work hard to hold the at-fault party accountable and fight for the compensation you deserve.
At Loewy Law Firm, we understand that you are going through an extremely challenging time. We’ll dedicate ourselves to securing the positive outcome you need. Contact us today for a free and confidential consultation.
How an Austin Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Car accident cases are often more complicated than they appear. A car accident must be thoroughly investigated to determine the liable party or parties. An experienced Austin car accident attorney knows how to handle all aspects of the investigation. A lawyer will help gather the evidence you need to prove how the crash occurred, the party that caused it, and who is liable for compensating you.
An experienced car accident lawyer will help take the burden off you while you focus on recovery. Your lawyer can help with the following:
- Investigate the accident
- Identify the liable party or parties
- Listen to your concerns and answer your questions
- Follow up with your doctors after the accident
- Gather medical records and bills
- Estimate future medical costs and expenses
- Collect relevant evidence needed to build a strong case
- Prepare and present the claim to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance companies for a full and fair settlement
- If a fair settlement is not reached, take your case to trial and represent you in court
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case throughout the entire process
If you have sustained injuries in a car accident in Austin due to someone’s negligence, contact the experienced car accident lawyers of Loewy Law Firm right away. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of the Texas laws related to car accident cases. A comprehensive understanding of the law, your rights, and insurance contracts are required to help you get the full and fair compensation that you’re owed. At Loewy Law Firm, our experienced Austin personal injury attorneys have the skills and resources needed to get the job done.
What to Do After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident in Austin, we strongly recommend you take the following steps:
- Call for help. If you or anyone involved has been injured, call 911. If injuries are not immediately apparent, you may not need an ambulance, but the police should be called. It’s important to have a police report on record. You will need this when you file an injury claim.
- Seek medical treatment. Your health should be your top concern following a car accident. If emergency medical technicians arrive on the scene, make sure they examine you, and all your injuries are documented.
- Get insurance information. Collect the insurance information from all drivers involved in the car accident. You need to get their policy information, their driver’s licenses, and license plates.
- Contact your insurance company. Report the car accident to your insurance company and the insurance company of the parties involved. Never provide a recorded statement to an insurance adjuster. They will most certainly attempt to use your words against you.
- Collect evidence. Use your phone or a camera to take plenty of photos of the scene of the accident. Take photos of your injuries and the damage to all the vehicles involved. If there were stoplights, stop signs, or road hazards at the scene, get pictures of those as well. Collect the names and contact information of eyewitnesses, if applicable.
- Never admit fault. After the crash, never apologize or admit fault to the driver involved, the insurance company, or anyone else.
- Call an Austin car accident attorney. Contact an experienced car accident attorney and talk to them about the accident, your medical treatment, and any other relevant information. Loewy Law Firm offers free and confidential consultations, so you have nothing to lose by discussing your accident with us.
Statute of Limitations in Texas
In Texas, you have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit for a car accident. This is known as the statute of limitations. If you do not file before the statute of limitations has expired, you will lose your right to file. In Texas, you have two years from the date of the accident. If you think you may have a case, consult with an attorney as soon as you can.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
At Loewy Law Firm, we handle a wide variety of car accident cases in Austin, Texas, including:
- Drowsy Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs (Illicit, Prescription, and OTC)
- Distracted Driving
- Texting While Driving
- Illegal Driving Maneuvers |
- Poor Road Conditions
- Speeding Accidents
- Tailgating Accidents
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims
Common Injuries in Car Accidents
Some of the most common types of car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash and neck injuries – Whiplash is one of the most common car accident injuries. It’s usually caused by a sudden jerking back and forth and can lead to pain, memory loss, lack of concentration, and insomnia. Car accidents may also lead to severe neck fractures.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a head injury resulting in bruising, tearing, or other harm to the brain. A concussion is a form of a mild TBI, which people typically recover from within a few days. However, a severe TBI is usually chronic and can lead to a range of life-changing complications, including loss of motor function, memory loss, personality changes, and seizures.
- Arm and leg injuries – The force of a crash can cause sprains, strains, and fractures. Car accident victims will try to brace themselves for the collision, and they end up injuring the body parts used.
- Chest Injuries – Depending on how severe the car crash is, chest injuries can vary from mild to severe. A minor chest injury would be bruising from an airbag. If the collision is particularly severe, it can lead to broken ribs or a punctured organ.
- Back Injuries – The spine is not designed to withstand heavy impact. It is common for vehicle occupants to suffer back injuries in collisions. The pain and disability associated with a back injury can be severe and long-term.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can result in temporary or permanent loss of mobility and/or feeling. These injuries are most often caused by severe trauma to the spine, with car accidents being one of the leading causes.
Car Accident Factors
Many factors can contribute to car accidents, such as:
- Intoxication: Drunk drivers often cause extreme damage and harm to other drivers.
- Texting While Driving: Drivers who text are not giving their full attention to the road, which means they are not aware when other drivers brake or change lanes, which often causes collisions.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted drivers who complete other tasks while operating a motor vehicle cause many accidents. These drivers will do such things as eat, talk on the phone, apply makeup, adjust the stereo, or program directions into a GPS when they should be focused on the road.
- Recklessness: Reckless drivers are those who make unsafe and rash decisions that put other drivers and passengers at risk. These motorists speed, ignore traffic signals and signs, tailgate other vehicles, change lanes excessively, and make dangerous driving maneuvers.
Want to Know More About Car Accidents in Austin?
We’ve provided the answers to some frequently asked questions here:
We’ve also provided more in-depth information on important car accident topics including:
Map of Car Accidents in Austin
The team at the Loewy Law Firm are committed to helping keep our friends and neighbors in the Austin community safe. To better serve those who travel on the highways and roads in Austin, we’ve provided this interactive map of recent accidents to help you see where collisions most frequently occur in our city. Click on an accident on the map below and read more about the collision.
Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The Texas Department of Transportation reported that in 2019, there were 15,605 car crashes in the city of Austin. This led to 91 fatalities and over 5,000 possible injuries as a result. Statewide, there was a fatality rate of 1.26 per hundred million vehicle miles traveled (VMT). This means that in 2019, one person was injured every two minutes and three seconds due to a car crash. That is nothing to take lightly and speaks volumes of the dangers that plague Texan drivers every time they get into a motor vehicle.
Some other statistics about Texas accidents:
- One person was killed every 2 hours 26 minutes
- 32.16% of all fatalities were due to run-off the road crashes
- 886 people were killed were in crashes involving drunk drivers
- Most accidents occurred in rural areas (51.69%)
- Not a day went by in 2019 without a fatal car accident
In 2019, across the state, 256,338 people were injured because of a car crash, and 3,610 people were killed. With over 286 billion VMT annually, there is a desperate need for traffic accident victims to get the experienced legal assistance that they so desperately deserve.
If you have been injured in a car crash, no matter the cause, it is vastly important that you get the involvement of a knowledgeable lawyer who will be able to go above and beyond to help you pursue maximum compensation.
At the Loewy Law Firm, we understand the need to help protect clients in complex cases. You can be confident knowing that our Austin firm will go the distance in our efforts to help you seek the compensation you need to put your life back on track. Give us a call today to learn more about how you can have the best representation for your case!
About the Loewy Law Firm
Since founding his law firm in May 2005, Attorney Adam Loewy has recovered millions of dollars for his clients. In 2020, Loewy secured $3.8 million in a drunk driving crash, $3 million in a truck crash, and $165,000 in a car crash. These are just a few of the numerous sizable victories Loewy has won over the last 15 years.
At Loewy Law Firm, we expect our clients to be fully compensated. We negotiate aggressively and strategically with the insurance companies involved until they offer a fair settlement. If they fail to offer the settlement you deserve, we won’t be afraid to file a lawsuit and take the case to court. We will also go to bat for you if it is necessary to sue the government in the case of being involved in an accident with an emergency vehicle.
Loewy is committed to providing clients with unparalleled customer service. He takes pride in being actively involved in every car accident case he handles and is always reachable by phone call or text. Loewy has been recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer in every year of his eligibility.
Loewy Law Firm has been dedicated to giving back to Austin. We invest in our community, and we are always looking for new ways to help. In 2020, the Austin Bar Association awarded Loewy the prestigious David H. Walter Community Excellence Award.
Contact an Austin Car Accident Lawyer Today
A car accident can have a far-reaching and lasting impact on your life. Since 2005, the Austin car accident lawyers at Loewy Law Firm been helping those who’ve been hurt in car accidents get the fair compensation they deserve. We will be ready to stand up and fight for you when you call us or reach out to us online. Our consultations are 100% free, and we won’t charge you a single cent until we win your case.