The Loewy Law Firm Passion for Civil Rights Scholarship
The Loewy Law Firm is proud to announce their first ever Passion for Civil Rights Scholarship. We have created this $1,000 scholarship to help support promising law students who have a passion for civil rights, and a core belief in social justice and equality.
We at the Loewy Law Firm earnestly believe that all citizens deserve equal rights, equal opportunity, and equal protection under the law and that a career in law is one of the best ways to pursue the social change and achieve the civil rights triumphs for which so many continue to fight.
As a personal injury law firm, we frequently champion the rights of struggling families and disadvantaged individuals ensuring they receive compensation from those who have harmed them. We are compassionate advocates, working actively to improve our community for citizens of all backgrounds. Adam Loewy has spent his career tackling difficult civil rights cases because he believes they are meaningful and important. Our firm is strongly interested in the aspirations of any future lawyer who has a passion for human rights and intends to work to improve social equality in our nation.
If you have a zeal for advancing civil rights, we invite you to apply. Our selection will be based on academic merit as well as the quality of the essay.
We look forward to reading your essays and awarding this scholarship.
- You are either accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited law school within the United States, or a college or university within the United States with the intention to go on to law school.
- You have a minimum 3.2 GPA.
- You must submit an official copy of your transcript, your completed application, and your essay using the online form.
Please choose one of the questions below and write an essay of 500-1000 words.
- How should lawyers use civil law to implement justice and check governmental power? Is it as effective as criminal prosecution?
- Which civil rights cases should have been nationally recognized, but were not? Why does the media focus only on certain cases, and is this helpful or harmful to government-to-citizen relationships?
Deadline for Submitting Applications: July 31st
- Applicant must be either currently accepted to or attending an accredited university
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.2 GPA
- Applicants must submit an official copy of their transcript
How to Apply
To apply for the Loewy Law Firm Passion for Civil Rights Scholarship, please complete our online application.